If you have a large or small group to book please contact us as we will be able to provide a dedicated walk based on your requirements.
Advice for walkers:
- Wear strong shoes or boots.
- Bring a waterproof jacket.
- Bring a hat.
- Bring some water.
- Mobile phone coverage will be ‘patchy.’
- Many walks do not go near shops, please get all you need for the duration of the walk before coming to the start.
- We may occasionally walk close to nettles, brambles and other plants, so consider wearing clothes that cover your legs.
Grade of walks
- Easy – Mostly on the flat with the occasional gentle slope on good tracks and even surfaces.
- Moderate – More ups and downs but on mainly good tracks with the odd difficult terrain underfoot. Good footwear needed.
- Strenuous – Longer steeper paths, on footpaths that may be muddy or rocky. Boots or strong outdoor shoes needed.
- Hard – Long sections of steep paths some may be difficult under foot. Care needed. Boots or strong walking shoes essential.
Terms and Conditions
- Children (less than 16 years old) must be accompanied by a responsible adult. No more than two children per adult. No children under 8 years of age.
- ONE well behaved dog may accompany a walker, provided that it is placed on a lead when near livestock or when requested by the walk leader. Dog owners are responsible for any accident, damage or injury caused by their dog.
- We aim to take between 8 and 15 walkers on each walk and the maximum number is 20
- Walks should normally be pre-booked and paid in full.
- We reserve the right to change the route or the published walk if in the guide’s judgement the publish walk could be unsafe at any point
- Walks will normally take place whatever the weather conditions but we reserve the right to cancel a walk if in the guide’s judgement conditions are unsafe. We try to give advance notice of a cancellation but this cannot be guaranteed. If we cancel a walk because of conditions, all payments will be repaid in full.
- If we cancel a walk because of lack of numbers, or any other reason, all payments will be repaid in full
- If a booking is made and then cancelled up to a week ahead of the published date, we will refund 75% of the fee; the remainder is retained to cover our administration charges. If a booking is cancelled less than seven days before the walk, no refund will be made.
- Advice is given on the appropriate footwear and dress for the walk and also the fitness required. We reserve the right, not to permit a walker to participate if in the guide’s judgement they would compromise their own, or the group’s safety.