Our Tour Guides specialise in the unique folklore, history and stories of the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. Our 7 trained tour guides all live locally and can give your group an unforgettable talk on our area. These are some of our talks but if you have a particular interest not covered below, please let us know.
- A Forest walk from your armchair – See the best of the Forest and Wye Valley without a long slog.
- Down the Wye without a paddle – 250 years of tourism from Ross to Chepstow.
- The Mysterious Forest – Spooky stories from the Dean and Wye.
- Forest Rhymes – poets in and around the Forest of Dean.
- Iron and coal – where is it? – There were lots mines in the Forest but how you can spot them today?
- A Tale of Two Rivers – the Wistful Wye and the Savage Severn.
- The Forest of Dean – why is it special? – Verderers, ship (sheep!) badgers, free mines and more.
- The churches of Wyedean – much more than just buildings.
- Castles of the South Wales Borders.
- Tintern Abbey – former Cistercian abbey on the banks of the Wye.
- Forest Heroes – Forest personalities from the past including Horatio Nelson, Dennis Potter and J. K. Rowling.
- The Royal Forest – From the Normans to the Windsors.
- Industries of the Lower Wye Valley – we forget how industrialised the area once was,
- Can’t see the wood for the trees – exploring the trees of the Forest of Dean.
We have our own projector, we just need you to provide:
– power for the projector and laptop,
– a projector stand or table
– a projector screen or a blank wall for us to project images on to.